Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Favorite Polymer Pieces


Long time no write. My bad. But today a treat. I am listing my biggest and best "jewelry jar" to date as well as a sample of my faux raku.



The jewelry jar is built around an odd shaped glass bowl/vase. It features faux turquoise, coral and bone/ivory. The spots around the lower edge are handmade with the buffalo motif and are the type usually reserved for better women's western wear. Around the lid is the necklace and it has faux and real turquoise and coral. The earrings are featured as a tassel. The inside of the jar is lined with velvet so it can be utilized to hold other jewelry items.


The faux raku bracelet is one of my favorites because I have worked so hard to imitate raku in a realistic manner. I have a lovely raku piece on my wall from a trip to San Antonio years ago. When I hold this bracelet up to it, it looks the same.


I hope to be posting photos and delightful encounters for the next few weeks. I leave next Sunday or Monday (depending upon how well I can contain myself) for Michigan to see my grand daughter and then to the IPCA retreat and conference in Chicago. I am buzzed about the trip and hope to be disciplined enough to share it properly here.

No comments:

Post a Comment