Monday, June 27, 2011




As you know if you read the last post I am headed for the IPCA retreat/conference in Chicago in less than a week. I have signed up for all three swaps and then hit a road block. I wanted to create beads that were uniquely me and still met the requirement of the two swaps to focus on "hot" colors.

I have been attempting for a while now to perfect my faux raku and have bought two books featuring ceramic raku to use as guides, and as this photo shows, I think I am almost there.

I still have a little bit of tweaking to do to make me completely happy. And I am trying very hard to use only supplies that are easily replaced so I won't have to remake my recipe later on.

This next photo shows all the bead backs I made last night. All 160 of them! I am using a method I learned from Louise F. Cozzie with alterations to fit my needs. Thank you Louise.
So today all these beads need fronts and it is time to return to the studio to do that. I will not show the finished bead sets until I am at the retreat just in case anyone wanders in to my posts. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for the other swappers.


So until next time it is off to the studio....and the sewing machine...and the housework...and the garden....etc., etc. At least I shouldn't get bored.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog through Polymer Clay Daily. Looking forward to seeing more and hearing how IPCA was.

    ReplyDelete